Hope United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: : Part-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree (completed or in process) in music, music education or related music field is preferred
- Date Posted: May 2, 2022
Church Musician/Choir Director Position
Supervised by: Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Hope United Methodist Church is currently conducting a search for a part-time Church Musician/Choir Director. Hope UMC is a small, friendly church located on the beautiful Belchertown common. We are welcoming and affirming to all. This position will be available beginning July 2022 or earlier. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person of faith to play the organ and piano at weekly services and to lead weekly choir rehearsals, providing musical guidance and direction. The candidate should be able to interpret various styles of church music from traditional to contemporary and demonstrate communication, leadership, and organizational skills in a collaborative environment.
Church Musician/Choir Director Responsibilities:
- Selecting and playing appropriate keyboard music for worship services.
- Selecting music for worship services that are appropriate for the liturgy, scripture and worship theme, in conjunction with the pastor and/or Worship Team.
- Rehearsing, directing and accompanying the choir at regularly (weekly) scheduled worship services and additional services, (e.g. Advent/Christmas, Holy Week) as required, between Labor Day and mid-June.
- Accompanying musicians for summer music as needed.
- Managing the church’s music library with the assistance of volunteer choir members.
- Regularly reporting music titles to licensing agencies (OneLicense and CCLI) to conform to copyright law as it applies to live-stream and video recording and projection of worship services or other special services (e.g. weddings, funerals) via Facebook or Zoom.
- Playing for special occasions such as weddings and funerals, for additional compensation.
Church Musician/Choir Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (completed or in process) in music, music education or related music field is preferred.
- Experience or training as a church musician- keyboard and choirs.
- Experience with various styles of church music, from traditional to contemporary.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Patience, creativity and flexibility.
Instruments owned by the church:
- Rodgers organ with 2 manuals and full pedal
- Kawai upright piano
- Yamaha keyboard with sustain pedal and weighted keys
- Tracker organ
How to Apply
Please send inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org