Contemporary Worship Leader
- Type of Position: Part-Time (8-10 hours a week), Exempt
- Date Posted: October 26, 2021
- Education Requirements: N/A
- Experience Requirements: Management of teams and relationship building, Experience leading worship services,
Experience with presentation software (Proclaim, ProPresenter, Planning Center, etc.)
Seeking an individual who is gifted in leading contemporary congregational worship, possess leadership and organizational skills and is a team player. Reports to the Senior Pastor & Music Director. Schedule consists of weekly rehearsals and preparation and Leading Worship: Sunday 8:00-10:30 a.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and ability to be a spiritual leader
- Capability of leading contemporary worship music on guitar and/or keys and strong vocal ability
- Collaborate in planning weekly Sunday 9:00 a.m. worship services, including song selection done at least 3-4 weeks in advance
- Model and lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus
- Provide administrative leadership of the band
- Recruit, audition, teach and train musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skills and humility
- Lead weekly rehearsals that serve two purposes: 1) preparation for Sunday and 2) cultivation of Christ-centered community
- Arrive at rehearsals prepared with arrangements determined and individually rehearsed
- Provide vision where God might be calling our congregation and musicians to grow in new expressions of worship
- Assist in planning/helping with special events, as needed
- Meet with staff/pastor as needed, and willingness and ability to work with, cooperate with, respect, and coordinate with leaders of all services
- Leadership for this ministry requires a growing faith, integrity, a servant’s heart, spiritual devotion, moral purity, and healthy relationships
- Love for the church and the community
- Highly organized with a great attitude
- Embraces stated vision of Wesley United Methodist Church
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a demonstrated understanding of music ministry and the role it plays in the life and mission of the church, as well as subscription to the principles and values of the Christian faith.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal and sexual offender background check, character and conduct questionnaire, and safe sanctuary training according to Calvary United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuary policy.
Contact/How to Apply
Please email resume and audition video to Pastor Brian Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org.