Cypress Lake United Methodist Church
Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Type of Position: Full-Time, Salaried-Exempt
- Experience Requirement: Minimum five years experience in church related setting, ideally a United Methodist congregation, or commitment to learn about the theology, worship practices and polity of the UMC.
- Education Requirement: Bachelors degree in Music, Music Education or Sacred Music (Masters preferred) with emphasis in conducting.
- Date Posted: September 26, 2021
Cypress Lake United Methodist Church is a large worshipping community in the Southwest District of the Florida Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, with over 1,000 in worship. The Church is blessed with a talented lay leadership team and an exciting staff. The Director reports to the Senior Pastor and is responsible for the development and leadership of the traditional worship music ministry in a way that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and theology of the United Methodist Church.
- Select and plan music for Sunday morning traditional services and special services, which include Christmas Eve, Holy Week services, funerals, weddings, and inter-faith gathering as needed.
- Present two choral presentations each year (Advent and Lent) with full choir and chamber orchestra; narrators, soloists, and/or dancers as desired.
- Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Senior Pastor and others on the worship planning team, and the Sunday tech team.
- Provide opportunities for musicians to improve their musical skills.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd choir members and musicians. Includes fostering a sense of belonging within the musical groups, and providing numerous leadership positions within each organization, for the efficient functioning of the group and establishing community.
- Develop choirs, individuals and ensembles capable of providing music for worship services and special events.
- Direct outreach events into the community via performances at other organizations as appropriate.
- Keep all music licenses current for the church. Maintain membership in professional church music organizations, such as the Fellowship of United Methodist Musicians Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
- Communicate faithfully with the Senior Pastor and staff.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Professing Christian.
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
- Love and respect for people.
- Proven musical skills and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Bachelors degree in Music, Music Education or Sacred Music (Masters preferred) with emphasis in conducting.
- Minimum five years experience in church related setting, ideally a United Methodist congregation, or commitment to learn about the theology, worship practices and polity of the UMC.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: $55,000-$58,000
- Benefits: Health insurance (with 80/20 employer match for employee after 90-day probationary period), group life policy, and employer-matched retirement available after 12- month probationary period. Dental, Vision, and supplemental insurance opportunities available.
Contact/How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest and complete resume to Cyndy Cook at email@example.com