Simpsonwood United Methodist Church
Peachtree Corners, GA
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Date Posted: September 14, 2021
Simpsonwood UMC is looking for a Church Organist-Accompanist for our active neighborhood church in Peachtree Corners, GA. This is a part-time position.
The Church Organist-Accompanist is responsible for contributing to the enrichment of the worship life of the congregation by serving as the primary accompanist and organist for the congregation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide weekly accompaniments for the traditional worship service – this could include:
- Prelude, Postlude, offertories, and incidental music appropriate to the theme of the service
- Hymns and other songs in support of congregational singing
- Accompaniments for anthems, instrumentalists, soloists and ensembles.
- Rare fill-in roles in the contemporary service if needed.
- Serve as accompanist for the Chancel Choir by:
- Preparing and playing for scheduled weekly rehearsals.
- Leading and playing for sectional rehearsals and special retreats as needed.
- Assisting in Choir’s Sunday morning preservice preparations and rehearsals.
- With additional compensation, provide piano music for weddings, funerals and other services of celebration. Alternatively, find suitable substitutes to serve in such a capacity. Simpsonwood’s Organist-Accompanist will have right of first refusal for Weddings and Funerals. Compensation is paid by the church through the Church Wedding Policy.
- Schedule Sanctuary usage for rehearsal and teaching times with the Church Administration and Facilities Manager.
- Provide music titles for the publication in a timely manner.
- Attend Music Staff meetings as requested.
- Secure an acceptable substitute, with Pastors’ approval when it is necessary to be absent.
- The Church Organist-Accompanist is expected to be available for major Church Holy Days (Christmas Eve, Easter, Ash Wednesday, etc.).
The Accompanist reports to the co-pastors and will transition to the Director of Traditional music once hired.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to perform in the position. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the role, specific duties and responsibilities. Nothing in this jobs description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The church office will be closed December 25-January 2 (except Sundays) and such time will not count as vacation.
- Salaries for all employees of the church will be set by the Church Council in consultation with the Finance Committee, Staff Parish Relations Committee and the Senior Pastors. Salaries will be reviewed annually and cost of living and merit raises (where warranted) will be granted.
- The church will provide the employer’s portion of Social Security and the employee will be issued a W-2 annually.
Contact/How to Apply
Resumes may be submitted to our hiring team at email@example.com. Questions? Please contact Linda Romarion at 770-441-2181.