Hiland Presbyterian Church
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Date Posted: September 1, 2021
Hiland Presbyterian Church, in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, is looking for an Interim Director of Music Ministry.
- Organist/pianist for worship services at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays
- Direct the chancel choir
- Select some of the music for Sunday worship services
- Teach music to children to sing on occasion during Sunday worship
- Coordinate the Praise Band and Handbell Choir
- Select music for and direct the Christmas Cantata and Good Friday Cantata
- In conjunction with the Director of Christian Formation, direct the children’s Christmas Pageant
Time commitment: Part-time, 15-20 hours a week, with commitments most weeks on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. Additional time may be needed to rehearse the Christmas Cantata, Good Friday Cantata, and Christmas Pageant. Participate in monthly Worship and Music meetings. Participate in weekly staff meetings as availability allows.
- Proficient in playing the organ and piano
- Excellent working with people of all ages, and providing both musical and spiritual leadership
- Organized and able to coordinate the contributions of multiple groups of musicians
- An appreciation for multiple styles of music, both traditional and contemporary
A complete job description is available upon request.
Contact/How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Elisabeth Hartwell, Pastor of Hiland Presbyterian Church (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions can also be directed to Pastor Elisabeth. The deadline to apply is Thursday, September 30, 2021.