North Raleigh United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's (Master's preferred)
- Date Posted: August 16, 2021
The Director of Music Ministries helps make disciples of Jesus Christ by providing leadership and oversight of music programs that richly contributes to the worship offered at North Raleigh UMC. The Director is also responsible for supervising and working with music staff, contractual musicians, and volunteers. The Director works collaboratively with church staff and other lay leaders, including those leading children's choirs and groups, in planning and providing quality worship in both traditional and contemporary styles. This person reports to the Senior Pastor and is the direct supervisor for the Associate Director(s) of Music Ministries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees development, implementation, and evaluation of music programs for all worship services.
- Serves as guide, mentor, role model, and resource for all music ministry staff.
- Works to enhance skills and encourage professional development of all direct reports.
- Serves as part of the church's leadership team to assure music ministry enhances, amplifies and strengthens all worship activities.
- Provides guidance and encouragement to lay participants and volunteers in music ministry. Treats all music participants with respect and appreciation for their interest and service to the church.
- Collaborates with volunteer children's music leaders, including assisting with selection of appropriate music for children's groups.
- Responsible for stewardship and effective oversight of music ministry budgets and equipment.
- Collaborates with other NRUMC staff in planning worship services and other events.
- Stays abreast of trends in religious music and seeks to use this knowledge in creative and innovative ways to build, nurture, and strengthen church membership.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and retreats.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience with church music programs and a heart for music ministry.
- Experience with choral and orchestral conducting/direction.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in music. (Master's degree in music/voice preferred.)
- Ability to organize music services and conduct and lead choral and instrumental presentations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with keyboard, piano and/or organ.
- Experience with handbells or a strong interest in learning about handbell direction and performance.
- Ability to inspire, lead and encourage others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with the administrative aspects of leading a large and complex church music program.
- Creative thinker with ability to encourage lay participation in music and strategically match gifts and talents of others desiring to participate within the music ministry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates willingness and effectiveness in working with teams.
Contact/How to Apply
Please send a complete resumé to email@example.com.