Greensboro United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Experience Requirement: At least 3 years
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's (Master's preferred)
- Date Posted: August 16, 2021
Greensboro First United Methodist Church, a growing two-campus congregation in Georgia’s Lake Country, is seeking a talented and knowledgeable person who possess a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to work with others to serve as our Director of Music and Organist.
The responsibilities of the director of music at Greensboro FUMC include the following:
- Plan worship with the ministers.
- Prepare service music and responses for each Sunday and the following extra services: Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Sunrise Easter Service, Christmas Eve.
- Provide a resource for special occasions such as funerals and weddings.
- Supervise, rehearse and provide support for the following groups: Chancel Choir, Handbell Choir, Children's Program, Middle School Program, High School Program.
- Supervise music interns and staff.
- Provide and adhere to a music budget.
- Work with the community in providing musical opportunities.
- Recruit instrumental performers when needed.
- Maintain and purchase music for the music library.
- Work with all staff members for the good of the vision of the church (team player).
- Be flexible with musical styles.
- Have keyboard proficiency with basic skills in organ playing a plus.
Position Status: Full-time with benefits ($55,000 and approximately a 40 hour week).
Education Requirements: Advanced degree in music/or equivalent experience required. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Located in Georgia halfway between Atlanta and Augusta and easily accessible from Athens, GFUMC has two campuses on either side of I-20. It is strategically positioned for ministry and mission in the heart of Georgia's Lake Country. For more than 100 years, our historic North Campus on West Broad Street has served a vital role in our community as a place where God's presence is made known through worship, teaching, fellowship, and ministries of justice and compassion. Ten years ago, the church expanded its outreach to the growing communities surrounding Lake Oconee with a beautiful campus on Carey Station Road. Today, GFUMC is uniquely situated to carry out God's mission as "Making Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World." In addition, GFUMC serves as the center for the cultural arts with an established endowment for musical presentations and serves the community as a leader in the arts. Both campuses have fine performance instruments and a five-octave set of handbells. The chancel choir has four sectional music interns to support the choir in providing quality music at both campuses.
Contact/How to Apply
Letter of application which includes a cover letter with a statement of faith, resume, and a list of references should be sent to Dr. Thomas Bantly, Chair of the Search, P.O. Box 216, Greensboro, GA 30642, or may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.