First Congregational United Church of Christ
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Experience Requirement: 5-10 years
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's
- Date Posted: May 21, 2021
First Congregational Church is an Open and Affirming Church of the United Church of Christ with a deep appreciation for the role music plays in the ministry of the church. The organist will be an integral part of the church’s music program and the worshipping life of the church.
Instrument Details: The sanctuary organ is a 3-manual, 38-rank Quimby pipe organ, installed in 2011. More information about our organ can be found on our website at firstconggreeley.com/quimby-pipe-organ. The sanctuary also has a Steinway model B grand piano that was rebuilt in 2000. Other instruments include a Steinway baby grand piano in the chapel, a Steinway upright piano in the choir room, and a Kawai grand piano in the fellowship hall. There is also a five-octave set of recently refurbished Schulmerich handbells and chimes.
- Plan, rehearse, and produce music for performance for Sunday and special events year-round
- Selection and research of appropriate music pieces
- Accompany chancel choir in weekly rehearsal and performance
- Accompany other performances held during nine-month (September-May) period such as Christmas, Easter, and Lenten series
- Play for weddings and funerals held in church (for additional stipend)
- Attend yearly choir retreat to provide music
- Attend one staff meeting and the music staff meeting each month
- Maintenance of organ music library
- Plan and provide educational opportunities for youth and adults
- Maintenance of continuous learning through attending conventions and concerts
Qualifications and Skills:
- Personal: Sympathetic to the aims of Christian worship; flexibility in working with people and giving and receiving feedback; willingness to grow in own musical knowledge and technique.
- Professional: Bachelor’s degree, CAGO, or equivalent competency; ability to work quickly and efficiently in rehearsal settings as a collaborative artist; ability to accompany major works; ability to appropriately register and to display solid technique.
- Experience: Five to ten years of prior playing experience.
Immediate Supervisor: Minister of Music
Responsible Committee: Worship and Music
Compensation: $30,000 annually
Contact/How to Apply
Interested Candidates should send letter of interest and resume to:
First Congregational Church, UCC
Attn: Rev. Ben Konecny
2101 16th St. Greeley, CO 80631
Or send via email to Laura@firstconggreeley.com.
For more information about the position, please contact the Rev. Ben Konecny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through July 10, 2021.