Northview United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Date Posted: April 5, 2021
Northview United Methodist Church in Roanoke, VA, is seeking a part-time music director to begin July 1, 2021.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing anthems and offertories for one service each Sunday for 10 months (September through June)
- Preparing weekly preludes, postludes and accompaniment for congregational singing
- Music for and conducting of special services (Christmas, Easter, etc.) performed twice during the season
- Rehearsals for chancel choir one hour weekly for nine months (September through June)
- Rehearsals for bell choir one hour weekly for nine months, same as above (performs once monthly)
- Youth choir rehearsals for 30 minutes on Sunday mornings for 10 months (performs monthly September through June)
- Additional rehearsals as needed
- Coordinating special music for Sunday service during the summer months (mid June through August)
Music for worship is chosen by the music director, in consultation with the pastor, utilizing the themes from the Revised Common Lectionary of scriptures.
Necessary skills needed but are not limited to:
- Keyboard and/or piano
- Conducting adult, youth and bell choirs
- Additional skills may include organ, guitar and proficiency with other instruments
Salary range is $16,000 - $20,000 annually depending on skill level. Two weeks paid vacation and two weeks paid sick leave are provided.
Northview UMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Contact/How to Apply
Interested applicants may send resume or questions to the Rev. Doug Sasser at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 366-0646.