Glenn Memorial United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Experience Requirement: At least 5 years (preferred)
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's (Master's preferred)
- Date Posted: October 28, 2020
Glenn Memorial UMC desires an Associate Director of Music and Worship Arts to create a collaborative, rich, and diverse Music Ministry and a vital, Spirit-filled worship life. Uniquely positioned in the city of Atlanta on the campus of Emory University, Glenn brings together both the academy and the musical and artistic resources of the city. Drawing on its excellent music-making traditions, Glenn envisions its future as a creative source for modeling worship and music both within and beyond the United Methodist denomination. Glenn’s weekly worship services vary in style, leaning upon the rich liturgical traditions of the church while fostering creative, emerging, and artistic models of worship. While the COVID-19 pandemic has altered our way of being in community, Glenn has continued to be the church through excellent online worship, outreach, study, and prayer. The Associate Director of Music and Worship Arts, in collaboration with the pastoral staff and the Director of Music and Worship Arts, will share in guiding the future of this congregation as we seek to love God and love neighbor in a world that is ever-changing.
- Serve as principal keyboardist (Organist and Pianist) for all worship and as accompanist for Chancel, Youth, and Children’s choirs. This includes weekly rehearsals on Sunday and Thursday evenings. First right of refusal as primary musician for weddings and funerals (additional remuneration).
- Participate in all worship services (8:30, 11:00, and occasionally 5:00) and other musical events at Glenn, including bi-annual youth musical and choir tour.
- Main point of contact for all instruments at Glenn, overseeing maintenance, tuning, servicing, and approval of guest organists.
- Collaborate with Director of Music and Worship Arts and Pastoral Staff on all aspects of worship and music life at Glenn, including planning services, planning music, and the arts.
- Direct ensemble(s) at the request of the Director of Music and Worship Arts, depending on skills/gifts of the candidate and needs of the church across all age groups.
- Recruit and nurture Music Ministry volunteers.
- Assist Director of Music and Worship Arts with administrative duties.
- Extensive knowledge of sacred music
- Superior keyboard skills - both organ and piano
- Strong and humble leadership skills
- Highly developed communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with people at all levels, within and beyond the church community
- Outstanding computer and administrative skills
- Excellent choral conducting skills
- Ability to challenge and inspire those who serve in music ministry
- Ability to work with, and across, multiple music genres
- Skills in movie editing and sound engineering are desirable
- Instrumental skills other than keyboard are desirable
Compensation: Competitive salary and generous benefits commensurate with experience and background.
Contact/How to Apply
To submit an application, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Any rehearsal videos or relevant recordings are encouraged.