Parrish United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's
- Date Posted: October 28, 2020
Parrish United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Contemporary Worship Leader to join our team. In this role you will develop and lead our contemporary worship team and technology teams, as well as have ministry oversight of our emerging digital/online worship experience. This role with work with and report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Parrish UMC is a vibrant, growing church is a rapidly growing community. Our mission is to connect people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is to grow to be a more diverse church reflective of the community we serve. We are fully committed and passionate about helping people find and follow Jesus.
In the last decade the church has grown significantly and will be moving into a new worship facility in the fall of 2021. Part of the responsibility of the Contemporary Worship Leader will be to help plan, prepare, and facilitate the many pieces of that transition.
This ministry position will direct and lead our existing contemporary worship service(s) as well as help develop future worship opportunities. Although the senior pastor has ultimate authority in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, this position will oversee and coordinate all the details of the contemporary service. In the area of worship arts this position will oversee the sound, lighting and video production and management for each of the Sunday services as well as helping direct and oversee our emerging online ministry. This person must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God and a leader who can communicate in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in these ministry areas.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, theology and worship philosophy of Parrish UMC.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous music and ministry leadership experience and demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
- A minimum commitment of 40 hours per week in the position with a willingness to be flexible to adapt to last-minute needs.
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to learn and oversee the use of technology in worship, specifically the use of sound, computers and video projection and recording or live streaming of worship.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter and a team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with people outside the church so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Parrish UMC.
- Plan the worship services of Parrish UMC in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Help develop and oversee our online ministry presence.
- Serve as lead worshiper in the contemporary worship service(s) as well as a willingness to participate in the existing services as needed.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship team and lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Plan and organize occasional special event concerts and events.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Execute additional assignments from the Senior Pastor when requested.
The starting salary is competitive for churches in this area ($40,000-$45,000 depending on experience) and includes a stipend for health benefits and personal expenses related to the ministry. Parrish UMC also offers great potential for growth in ministry and personal development.
Contact/How to Apply
If interested please submit a resume, or further questions, to email@example.com. The application deadline is December 7, 2020.