First United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Date Posted: October 28, 2020
The First United Methodist Church of LaGrange, a large-membership, county-seat congregation that seeks to “make and grow disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” is seeking a Modern Worship Leader to help launch a modern worship service that is rooted in tradition, planted in the present, and will bear fruit for the future. The Modern Worship Leader would be tasked with leading the congregation and community in the worship of God. Our congregation worships around 350 people on a Sunday morning, contains great influence within our community, and is situated in a growing, micropolitan city.
The Modern Worship Leader is a full-time position tasked with planning, preparing for, and leading a weekly modern worship service that connects with our church and community, promotes authentic worship, and proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ. The Modern Worship Leader will also be expected to integrate modern worship into the life of the congregation and lead the church through engagement with all age groups.
All staff members of The First United Methodist Church of LaGrange are expected to live a life that is an example of Christian character for the greater glory of God and the greater good of His people. The purpose of this position is to support the mission of the church “to make and grow disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” This requires excellent interpersonal skills as you represent the congregation to the greater community and a spirit of cooperative teamwork as you interact with a diverse team of staff and volunteers. Staff members are expected to have personal integrity and the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with fellow staff, church members, guests, vendors, and the general public.
- Strong ability to effectively lead worship vocally and instrumentally
- Previous experience leading worship and/or bands, along with knowledge of worship music
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with teachable spirit and ability to adapt quickly in a continuously growing ministry environment
- Skills and experience with audio/visual/lighting systems
- Familiarity with computers, software, and audio-visual technology for worship
- Previous experience with social media management: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Songwriting ability & experience preferred
- Be a visionary leader for worship ministries
- Provide a staff leadership presence during the modern worship service
- Attend weekly worship planning meetings and staff meetings
- Work with pastors in song selection for all campuses and all services
- Lead worship at First United Methodist Church weekly worship services, as well as other scheduled worship times (special services, etc.)
- Coordinate and oversee the overall set-up of worship gathering spaces – to include space design, sound, visual, and lighting equipment, etc.
- Coordinate with audio/visual and communication staff and volunteers
- Oversee and maintain audio/visual system and any audio/visual needs
- Purchase any equipment needed for audio/visual needs
- Submit reports to Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI) when required
- Coordinate and oversee creative arts aspects of worship with pastor and worship committee
- Hold occasional auditions for musicians and vocalists for the worship teams and select members
- Prepare/rehearse for worship with band and vocalists – to include scheduling musicians and leadsheet/song uploads through Planning Center
- Work with the student ministries staff to encourage and develop musical gifts and worship leadership among students
- Work with children’s ministry staff to serve as a resource and develop musical gifts among children
- Develop and encourage Christian leadership from musicians
- Stay current with contemporary Christian music in order to introduce and teach new songs in worship
- Coordinate social media presence for modern worship with the Director of Communications
- Connect with other worship leaders and continuing education events
- Maintain an active presence in the church and form relationships through presence and participation in Church events
This is a full-time salaried position which will include health insurance and a continuing education fund. Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience.
Contact/How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes must include a video of you leading worship.