Mountain View United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Experience Requirement: At least 3 years
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's (Master's preferred)
- Date Posted: July 8, 2020
We are a dynamic, active, regional, congregation of around 200 people. Mountain View United Methodist Church is a community strongly committed to serving others through programs of outreach, service, and mission on the local, national and global levels. Opportunities exist for spiritual growth and development in small groups featuring friendship, Bible study, mentoring, use of spiritual gifts, and support. We host community organizations who share our commitments to outreach, education, music, service, and mission. Mountain View offers two worship services, differing in style each Sunday.
The Music and Worship Arts Director oversees all aspects of worship ministry and the resources needed to deliver excellent and enriching worship services, working hand-in-hand with and under the direction of the Senior Pastor. The Music and Worship Arts Director will be responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of the total music and worship arts program of Mountain View UMC. The Director will work with the pastor, program staff and the laity of the church in the development, promotion and coordination of the music and worship arts with the ministry program of the church.
We currently offer two worship services, one more casual, one more traditional, responding to those seeking a spiritual journey in a variety of ways. We currently offer an online worship service experience.
Mountain View UMC is a Reconciling Congregation, striving for inclusivity in our church and our community.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- A personal, vital, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor's degree in specific or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Prior experience in leading congregational worship ministry
- Competence to prepare and lead (instrumentally and/or vocally) excellent, engaging, participative, and meaningful services of Christian worship
- Competence to identify, recruit, equip, and engage servants in the various worship arts ministries
- Versatile musician with experience and enthusiasm for the wide range of music arts expression, both traditional and modern
- Competence in relevant technical arts related to worship ministry, including sound, video, lighting, projection, worship planning software, and music notation software
- Proven organizational and leadership skills
- Eagerness to be an effective member of a working team who relates well to pastoral and other church staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
Worship Service Leadership
- Regular and primary leadership presence during all worship services.
- Primary lead for music ministry during all worship services, including the direction and/or oversight of all music groups, potentially to include: Adult choirs, children's choirs, bell choirs, praise teams and ensembles.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor, supervise paid worship arts staff, potentially to include organist(s), directors of music/arts ministries, and accompanists.
Worship Service Planning and Preparation
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, plan and prepare all aspects of weekly worship services, potentially to include Music, Readings, Prayers, Multi-Media, Visual Arts, Dance, and Drama.
- Document and distribute to all participants a detailed order of activities for each worship service.
- Provide appropriate text and music for all participants.
- Determine necessary logistics to deliver a cohesive experience to the congregation.
- Oversee worship teams and initiatives, for example Worship Design Team(s) and Worship Committee.
- Oversee worship arts needs for other ministry events, for example: Weddings, Funerals, Congregational meetings, Special Events and Services.
- Schedule and monitor maintenance activities for all instruments, including the pipe organ(working with the organist) and pianos.
- Develop and maintain criteria for determining approved musicians for each instrument.
- Maintain a list of approved musicians for each instrument.
- Oversee teams responsible for sound, lighting, and projection to support all worship services and other events needing these services.
Contact/How to Apply
Apply with a letter of interest and resume to Rev. Stephanie Kidwell at email@example.com.