Due West United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Date Posted: December 9, 2019
Due West United Methodist Church in Marietta, GA, is seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministries. Due West has an average weekly worship of 800 in three services of varying styles each Sunday morning. Other seasonal worship services, concerts, and special events are conducted throughout the year. Due West has a strong, vibrant music program including:
- graded children's choirs,
- youth, adult, and senior adult choirs,
- 5-octave handbell choir,
- and several vocal and musical ensembles.
This position requires srong communication skills and ability to articulate one's faith and call to the ministry of sacred music. Must be comfortable and effective leading worship. (Strong vocalist would be a plus.) This position requires weekly staff meetings, management of all musical aspects of the church, supervisory position over assistants and technical teams.
Applicants must be adept at up-to-date, modern modes of worship technology (such as Sing Slide, Pro-Presenter, Logic, and Planning Center). The best candidate would have exceptional enthusiasm, creativity and innovation to effectively challenge and grow our music ministry in such a way as to glorify Jesus Christ in our congregation and community.
- Full-time position
- Enthusiastic vocalist/musician with experience leading a choir and leading worship in congregational settings
- Lead our strong, vibrant music program, which is known in our community.
- Director of Chancel Choir, Ladies' Ensemble, Worship Choir
- Supervisor of Praise Band for 9:45, Praise Team and Worship, Orchestra, Youth Choir, Graded Children's Choirs, and 5-octave Handbell Choir
- Plan three (3) weekly Sunday morning worship services of varying styles
- Schedule weekly Praise Team and hire additional instrumentalists as needed
- Wednesday responsibilities:
- Lead Chancel Choir rehearsal (11 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Lead Adult Choir rehearsal (7-8:30 p.m.)
- Sunday morning responsibilities:
- Lead worship with pastors for 8:30 and 11 services and oversee the worship with pastors for 9:45
- Select and order new music as needed while utilizing our extensive music library
- Supervise all music and technical A/V staff, as well as volunteers
- Music Associate (full-time pianist and Director of our Center for the Arts)
- Music Admin Assistant (20 hours per week)
- Visual Media Ministry Assistant (10 hours per week, using Pro-Presenter)
- Sound Engineers (5 hours per week)
- Plan and produce several seasonal concerts and special events throughout the year
- Assist coordination with other staff members for ministry events such as funerals or productions
- Attend weekly small staff and monthly full staff meetings
- Annual salary is competitive and is based upon professional experience and education
Contact/How to Apply