Central Methodist University
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Master's (Doctorate preferred)
- Date Posted: November 4, 2019
The Swinney Conservatory of Music at Central Methodist University seeks a full-time professor of music to teach music and music ministry classes and serve as Director of the Worship Ensembles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing and rehearsing the worship ensembles
- Teaching music ministry courses
- Teaching music courses as necessary
- Collaborating with the campus chaplain to plan weekly chapel services
- Assisting the Admissions Staff with recruiting
The Director of Music Ministry will supervise worship ensemble musicians in set-up/tear-down of equipment for performance/leading worship. Supervision of work study students is a possibility as well.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
Candidates with a completed doctorate in music ministry or a related field are preferred and will be placed on the tenure track. Master’s-prepared applicants will be considered for a non-tenure track position.
The successful candidate must be able to lift and move sound equipment and instruments. Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Planning ensemble trips to lead worship at churches.
- Skills in using worship-support software.
- Experience running sound systems.
Other Information and Attributes:
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact/How to Apply
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at centralmethodist.edu.