St. John United Church (A United Methodist/Presbyterian (USA) Community)
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Date Posted: June 10, 2019
The Music Accompanist works part-time (six hours  per week, on average) as a member of the St. John United pastoral team, providing leadership in music ministry.
The Accompanist works under the direct supervision of the Pastor, but closely coordinates activities with the Director of Music. The Pastor, in consultation with the Accompanist, will establish the approximate allocation of time to be applied to the various activities and will evaluate the results. The position is ultimately responsible through the pastor to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee of Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The goal of the music program is to enhance the congregation’s worship experience through a variety of musical styles and forms, and to encourage the enthusiastic participation of the whole congregation. The Accompanist is encouraged to share personal Christian Faith through the music program and through interaction with people in the congregation and the community.
The Accompanist has the primary responsibility for providing piano or keyboard music for worship at St. John United and shall also assist the Director of Music in planning and carrying out the music program for the church.
- Accompanies the choir and the congregation during worship services.
- Accompanies the choir during rehearsals.
- Provides solo music during worship services.
- Finds substitute accompanists as needed.
- Is available to provide music at weddings and funerals.
- Participate in special congregational and ecumenical services as well as Christmas Eve and Maundy Thursday services.
- Assists the Director of Music in planning the music program and may substitute as choir director when necessary.
Contact/How to Apply