First United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Experience Requirement: At least 3 years
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's (Master's preferred)
- Date Posted: June 10, 2019
Position Purpose: To make disciples of Jesus Christ through dynamic children and family ministries.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field; graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ employment in children and family ministries or similar position preferred.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, necessary internet tools, and social media resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills in relating to congregational members and diverse community.
- Strong skillset in planning specific programs and strategic direction for family and children’s ministries.
- Professional experience in advanced teaching methodologies and faith based curricula for target ages.
- Ability to effectively supervise others and demonstrate positive accountability to those in authority.
- Effective use of ACS or related software to enhance personnel dimensions of ministry position.
- Affirm and embrace the mission and vision of First United Methodist Church Peoria.
- Personal lifestyle, integrity, and values consistent with visible leadership in the church.
- Commitment to work in close, supportive, and collegial ways with pastoral leadership and staff.
- Articulate a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and how this relationship shapes living as a disciple.
Position Essential Duties:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute comprehensive ministry programs and outreach to children and families.
- Procure quality curricula for children and families in Sunday school and other special programs.
- Recruit and train-equip volunteer-servants in children and family ministries including annual Vacation Bible School, seasonal, and special events.
- Prepare and manage annual budget including restricted funds relating to children and family ministries.
- Identify all logistical and technology necessary to ensure effective ministry to children and families.
- Create a viable, ongoing, volunteer-driven ministry to children at the ‘Alive’ worship service.
- Provide full resources, guidance, and support for children and families within the Hispanic community.
- Supervise and evaluate other staff involved in the delivery of children and family ministries.
- Ensure all necessary information relative to children and family ministry is provided to Director of Communication for website, print, intra-church and community publicity.
Position Ancillary Duties:
- Participate in regular team staff meetings and leadership in Sunday activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Contact/How to Apply