Newberg United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's preferred
- Date Posted: April 17, 2019
Newburg United Methodist Church in Livonia, MI, a western suburb of Detroit, is seeking a part-time (20-30 hours per week) Director of Music and Worship Arts.
Newburg Church is a Welcoming congregation that is committed to providing high quality worship and music. All candidates must be able to affirm and comply with Newburg’s Welcoming statement and be committed to openness and diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing oversight of the music program and staff
- Serving as a worship leader
- Conducting of 2 handbell choirs and orchestra
- Coordination and planning with the Lead Pastor and additional music staff for Sunday services
- Additional musical skills in piano/keyboard and organ is preferred but not required
- Other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate will have a strong Christian Faith, experience in traditional, contemporary-modern, and blended worship. and an understanding of the role church music plays in Christian formation. They must have the ability to oversee an evolving music ministry and to work collaboratively with the pastor, staff and lay volunteers. A degree in music or equivalent experience is also preferred.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience, education, and availability. A more detailed job description is available upon request.
Contact/How to Apply