Orchard United Methodist Church
Farmington Hills, MI
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's
- Experience Requirement: At least 3 years
- Date Posted: January 23, 2018
Orchard United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Music Ministries. We are seeking a candidate with outstanding musical and organizational skills who will enrich our worship and help us to achieve our mission of transforming the world by growing in faith, serving others and sharing Jesus.
Orchard United Methodist Church is a growing church with a membership of 649 and an average worship attendance of 267. We offer two worship services on Sunday morning – 9:00 a.m. is a casual contemporary service led by a small praise choir and instrumentalists. 11:00 a.m. is a traditional worship service with organ and chancel choir. There is potential for adding a third service. Orchard has a long-standing tradition of excellence in music.
Compensation is competitive and based on professional training, skills and experience. Benefits are included. Ideal start date: May 1, 2019.
- Called by God into this ministry and expresses passion for the OUMC mission: “Transforming the world by growing in faith, serving others and sharing Jesus.”
- Degree in music, music ministry and/or choral conducting.
- Minimum three years' experience as a part of a United Methodist congregation is preferred.
- Successful previous experience in guiding music ministry programs is preferred.
- Passion for music as an integral part of worship.
- Piano skills preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in program management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Models a strong, vital, open Christian faith and ability to serve as a spiritual leader.
- Demonstrates the skill of active listening; openly accepts constructive criticism and suggestions; proactively resolves interpersonal conflicts; and engages people positively with an energetic attitude.
- Effectively works within a team environment.
- Support the philosophy of ministry which involves strong lay leadership.
- Abide by the Orchard UMC policies, procedures, rules and regulations which includes the UMC Book of Discipline.
- Work with and maintain confidential information.
- Attend weekly staff and worship planning meetings.
- Offer leadership in Sunday worship.
Music Ministry Program:
- Facilitate all aspects of the music ministry which includes: Chancel Choir, All About Soul Band, Youth music program, children’s music program, handbell choir, Sunday morning worship.
- Facilitate other music ministry opportunities in the life of the church such as: all church musicals, children’s cantatas, a concert series.
Music Ministry Administration:
- Develop and steward the vision for Music Ministry at OUMC.
- Supervise all music staff.
- Manage music budget and designated funds.
- Maintain appropriate student records, registrations, special needs information.
- Ensure the implementation of the Safe Sanctuary policy in music ministry.
- Communicate regularly and directly with choir members verbally and/or in writing.
- This position is a full time salaried position with benefits.
- Attend continuing education as the budget allows.
- Other tasks as directed by Lead Pastor.
Contact/How to Apply