Mandarin United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's
- Experience Requirement: At least 5 years
- Date Posted: December 19, 2018
The Director of Music and Worship Arts Ministries will creatively support the current music programs, guide the expansion of music instruction, and champion the growth of the music ministry at MUMC. To be an effective candidate, the director must profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, be committed to personal spiritual growth and healthy way of life and be a strong example as well as leader of others in the United Methodist faith.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a music related field.
- Experience in the music ministry in a church setting.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent choral directing.
- Develop musical skills of choir members.
- Adequate key board skills to teach choral parts.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative.
- Understanding of technology.
- Willingness to network within the community to build relationships.
Summary of Major Ministry Responsibilities
- Commitment to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
- Develop, guide, and direct choirs, soloists and ensembles for regular church services.
- Leadership during three traditional worship services.
- Understanding of a wide variety of musical styles: classical, traditional, southern gospel, gospel, a cappella, etc.
- Produce and direct special events, musicals, and programs.
- Direct outreach events into the community.
Summary of Major Leadership Responsibilities
- Communicate and verify accuracy of all printed music for worship; such as the Bulletin and weekly newsletter.
- Communicate regularly to the congregation through the MUMC newsletter and other media formats.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals for multiple choirs, hand bell choir, youth music programs, and coordinate children’s music programs.
- Serves as the leader of music ministry team including volunteers and part-time staff.
- Coordinate with accompanists to communicate music needs for worship and special events.
- Meet and rehearse with instrumentalist and soloists who will be performing for church services.
- Meet with Pastors, program staff, and volunteers as needed concerning services, activities, and events.
- Keep inventory on all supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Communicate with sound ministry for equipment needs, supplies, and equipment repair.
- Assist in planning music for memorial services, funerals, and weddings as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Contact/How to Apply