Atascocita United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's
- Experience Requirement: At least 2 years
- Date Posted: December 3, 2018
The Director of Music and Worship Arts Ministries will creatively support the current music programs, guide the expansion of music instruction, and champion the growth of the music ministry at AUMC. To be successful in this position, the director must profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, be committed to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle, and be a strong example as well as leader of others in the United Methodist faith.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a music related field.
- Experience in the music ministry in a church setting.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in music, music direction, and voice (instrumentation beneficial).
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative.
- Understanding of technology and proficiency in social media.
- Willingness to network within the community to build relationships.
Summary of Major Ministry Responsibilities
- Commitment to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
- Develop, guide, and direct choirs, musical teams, and ensembles for regular church services.
- Facilitate music leadership during worship.
- Produce and direct special events, musicals, and programs.
- Direct outreach events into the community.
Summary of Major Leadership Responsibilities
- Communicate and verify accuracy of all printed music for worship; such as the Bulletin and Media Shout program.
- Communicate regularly to the congregation through the AUMC newsletter and other media formats.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals for Ambassador choir, JuBELLation handbell choir, youth music programs, and children’s music programs.
- Meet with accompanists to communicate music needs for worship and special events.
- Meet and rehearse with instrumentalist and soloists who will be performing for church services.
- Meet with Pastors, Youth Director, and volunteers as needed concerning services, activities, and events.
- Keep inventory on all supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Communicate with sound ministry for equipment needs, supplies, and equipment repair.
- Assist in planning music for memorial services, funerals, and weddings as needed.
- Serve as a resource for other ministry groups within the congregation, such as confirmation and Women’s retreat.
Contact/How to Apply