First United Methodist Church of Glassboro
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Date Posted: July 24, 2018
Reports to: Director of Music and Worship Arts/Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Team.
Evaluated by: Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Team.
The Organist should be of the Christian faith. He/she must conduct him/herself as a Christian at all times. The importance of this conduct is that in any church related work the person represents the church.
The Organist, in accepting this position, agrees to perform the following duties and the fulfillment of responsibilities reasonably and normally related to and characteristic of the position.
- Coordinates with Director of Music and Worship Arts, the Pastor and other music and worship leaders to plan worship and special events.
- Plans music for the year in consultation with the Director of Music and Worship Arts, the Pastor and other music and worship leaders.
- Plays for the traditional worship service.
- Plays for special services e.g. Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, etc. in consultation with the Director of Music and Worship Arts, the Pastor and other music and worship leaders.
- Practices with and accompanies the choirs and/or soloists as needed.
- Plays for weddings and funerals (compensation arranged privately).
Compensation: $8,000 - $10,000 commensurate with experience; Paid twice monthly on a 12-month basis.
Contact/How to Apply