Sharon Presybterian Church
- Type of Position: Part-Time (15-20 hours/week)
- Education Requirement: Master's
- Date Posted: July 5, 2018
Reports to: Director of Music
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Organ Performance or Church Music, or as deemed qualified by the Organist Selection Committee and the Director of Music.
Summary of Position:
Sharon Presbyterian Church in Charlotte, NC (Church Website) seeks a part-time organist/accompanist for our TRADITIONAL music ministry.
Our church is a loving, family church in the heart of Charlotte's SouthPark area. With a congregation of approximately 1000 members, our mission is to Invite all seekers, Teach the Gospel and Serve Human Need.
Our music ministry is a highly creative and collegial environment that presents a broad range of musical styles - from Renaissance to Contemporary Gospel.
The organist must maintain a cooperative and supportive attitude toward the Director of Music and the music program of Sharon Church, so as to enhance the growth and development of the music and worship of the church.
- Provide music at the organ or piano for Sunday morning worship services, special services including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas programs, Maundy Thursday, Easter, Lenten Services
- Accompany Chancel Choir during rehearsals
- Coordinate carefully with Director of Music
- Provide music for funerals at the church (no set fee)
- Provide music for weddings at the church (set fee)
- Organist is responsible for securing a replacement when absent and must notify the Director of Music of such absences two weeks in advance, except in case of emergency. Vacations should not be taken during times of special church services. Substitute organist shall be responsible for accompanying the Chancel Choir at rehearsal and Sunday worship services and is compensated according to budgeted provisions.
- Organist should provide the church office with service music by at least Tuesday of each week.
- Adjunct position: The successful applicant for this position may receive priority for another, part-time job with the Union Presbyterian Seminary (located on the campus of Sharon Presbyterian Church). Duties would include playing piano for one, brief, weekly Saturday morning service. Salary up to $8,000.
- Vacation in accordance with Sharon Presbyterian Church Personnel Policy Manual
Contact/How to Apply