First United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Experience Requirement: At least 5 years (preferred)
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's (Master's preferred)
- Date Posted: May 23, 2018
First United Methodist Church of Ocala, FL is seeking an Organist / Accompanist. FUMC Ocala has a strong tradition of musical excellence and is home to a beautiful 4 manual, 93 rank Wicks pipe organ.
Primary duties are accompanying Wednesday evening adult choir rehearsals and providing organ/piano music for Sunday morning traditional worship (11:00).
Highly competitive pay in line with previously published AGO salary recommendations, commensurate with education and experience. The position is part time and desired to be filled by September 1.
- Provide appropriate organ/piano music for the 11:00 traditional Sunday service, generally including but not limited to: Gathering Music, Prelude, Hymns (selected by the Pastors), Choral Anthems/Special Music (selected by the director of music), Offertory, Communion, Postlude.
- Rehearse each week (Wednesday evening) with the Chancel Choir and occasionally with the handbell choir, other ensembles, or soloists.
- If desired, establish a personal weekly rehearsal time at the organ and inform our main office of your schedule so we can regulate the temperature of the Sanctuary. These established practice times will be protected.
- Submit the titles and composers of music literature to the church office by 10:00 a.m. each Thursday for inclusion in the Sunday bulletin.
- Additional services that are part of base pay may include Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise service, two Christmas Eve services, etc. These are scheduled with the concurrence of the Director of Music.
- Provide for qualified substitutes for all absences.
- Maintain library of organ/piano music as needed.
- Coordinate with the Director of Music for any piano or organ maintenance and repairs.
- If desired (first refusal given), play for funerals, memorial services, and weddings for additional compensation.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Love and respect for all people.
- Attested musical skills on the organ and piano.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.
- Minimum five years experience in church related setting preferred.
- Degree in organ or piano performance preferred.
The church shall provide monies for proper care of the organ and pianos located in the church, including quarterly organ and piano tunings and any necessary repairs.
The Organist/Accompanist shall report to the Director of Music concerning the condition and maintenance needs of the organ and pianos, including tunings, repairs, etc.
Contact/How to Apply