The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada
Overland Park, KS
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Education Requirement: Master's
- Date Posted: May 7, 2018
Since 1922, The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada has lived out its mission to encourage, promote, and enliven congregational song. We believe that the holy act of singing together shapes faith, heals brokenness, transforms lives, and renews peace. Through our annual conference, publications, and special events, The Hymn Society serves those who create, study, and lead congregational song. As an outcome of our successful capital campaign, we launched The Center for Congregational Song in October 2017, and our regional launch events will continue through 2018. This new outreach arm will provide expanded resources and will encourage regional and local events to support those who lead congregational singing.
The Hymn Society seeks a qualified and passionate individual to provide executive leadership as we enter our second century and work to expand our services to all those who value congregational song. This position is offered as a full-time, salaried position, with salary commensurate with experience. Schedule flexibility is needed to accommodate travel, meetings and attendance at the annual conference. The Hymn Society’s main office is situated in Overland Park, KS, through August 2018, with staff in other geographic locations. The future location of the main office will be determined by the new executive director.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Passion for congregational song
- Outstanding communications skills, both formal and informal
- Experience in non-profit management, including institutional advancement and fundraising
- Experience with publications and communications
- Experience in financial management
- Experience working in collaborative environments including working with a volunteer board
- Experience in staff management, preferably in a distributed environment
- Experience in ecumenical settings
- Experience in grant writing
- Experience with The Hymn Society
- Knowledge of sacred music
For a detailed job description, visit thehymnsociety.org.
Contact/How to Apply