Mulberry Street United Methodist Church
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
- Education Requirement: Master's preferred
- Date Posted: March 14, 2018
The Director of Music Ministries and Organist at Mulberry Street United Methodist Church (MSUMC) is responsible for the music ministry of the church in a manner that enhances worship and assists the congregation in praising and serving God. The music ministry allows members of all ages to joyfully connect with God and each other while growing as disciples of Christ. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Education in organ performance, choral conducting, and/or sacred music-preferably with a Master’s degree.
- 3-5 years of experience as a church organist
- Experience in growing and motivating choirs for children, youth and adults
- Experience in worship planning with knowledge of liturgy and church seasons
Major responsibilities: Play 2 services each week; plan for and rehearse adult, children, and youth choirs; plan worship services with ministers.
Organ built by the Moller Organ Company in 1957 with several stops utilized from church’s original 1928 E.M. Skinner organ. 40 ranks in the main organ, additional six stops in the antiphonal division, seven digital pedal ranks and a digital festival trumpet on the choir division-added in a console rebuild in 2002 by Guzowski and Steppe. Console is solid state with a multi-level capture system.
Complete job description available on request. Full-time position with generous benefit package. Salary minimum $50,000+ negotiable based on education and experience.
Contact/How to Apply