Canyon Lake United Methodist Church
Canyon Lake, TX
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Experience Requirement: 1 year
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's
- Date Posted: February 26, 2018
The Choir Director will be responsible for the overall music and worship of the traditional worship service at Canyon Lake United Methodist Church (canyonlakeumc.org). This role will include direction of the choir and bell choir, supervision of accompanist, maintenance of music equipment, and coordination with the pastor and related leadership.
The musical program at CLUMC Sunday morning is a traditional service with a blend of styles. The Choir Director will help coordinate a diverse music program with songs from a variety of traditions and will be asked to recruit a variety of diverse musical talents, delegates tasks when necessary and ensures that they are completed.
- Direct the Choir and Bell Choir during worship and special performances.
- Lead weekly worship and rehearsals
- Recruit and coordinate choir members
- Foster worship-focused choir culture
- Maintain regular instrument maintenance in coordination with Contemporary Worship Leader
- Meet with the pastor and Worship Committee chair to coordinate music
- Select and organize music in consultation with the pastor
- Attend church council meetings as appropriate in an advisory capacity
- Coordinate an Easter and Christmas cantata.
- Develop annual budget requests as needed by the music program for the needs of the music ministry.
- Perform other functions the Pastor and/or Staff-Parish Relations Committee may direct within the overall limits of the music ministry.
- Ability to play piano and organ would be a plus although not required.
Salary: $10,000 to $15,000 per year depending on skills and experience.
Contact/How to Apply