Canyon Lake United Methodist Church
Canyon Lake, TX
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Date Posted: February 26, 2018
Canyon Lake United Methodist Church (canyonlakeumc.org) is seeking a part-time (less than 10 hours/week) qualified keyboard accompanist. The purpose of this role is to play music (piano is a must and preference will be given to someone also competent at playing the electric organ) for church services, choir rehearsals and other special events. This person works collaboratively with the Choir Director and the Pastoral staff to develop the music program.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Provides music at all designated worship services. This will include one service per Sunday (year round) and special services such as: Christmas Music programs, Christmas Eve (multiple services), Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter
- Rehearses every Wednesday evening (with some breaks in summer) with the Sanctuary Choir and accompanies the Sanctuary Choir when singing during Worship services
- Accompanies soloists and ensembles for Worship service as needed (rehearsal times/preparation at mutually agreeable times)
- Schedules time each week for new music and keyboard practice
- Meets periodically with the Pastor and Choir Director to ensure smooth and orderly music ministry activities
- Arranges for a qualified substitute in times of absence
Pay is commensurate with skill and experience.
Contact/How to Apply